This is to inform all 2020/2021 prospective UTME/Direct Entry Admission candidates and the public that the Claretian University of Nigeria Nekede shall commence admissions on the 1st of July 2021 for candidates who must have scored 160 and above in the UTME.
Since CUN was not listed in the JAMB Brochure during the initial registration of Candidates, everyone with acceptable score is eligible to apply for admission. However, candidates are advised to effect change of Institution/course to CUN on the JAMB Portal as soon as possible before the portal closes.
The admission requirements into the undergraduate programmes of the Claretian University of
Nigeria Nekede shall be as follows:
i. All admissions into the University shall be through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation
ii. for admissions via UTME, candidates must: obtain five (5) credits at SSCE (or equivalent) in relevant subjects at not more than 2 sittings including credit passes in English and Mathematics; and attain acceptable points in UTME in relevant subjects.
iii. for admission by Direct Entry, candidates shall, in addition to having five (5) SSCE credits, obtain at least IJMB or JUPEB, or two (2) WASC/GCE A’ level (or its equivalent) passes in relevant subjects, or possess NCE or ND with credit passes, or possess a good first degree in another field.
iv. Credit passes in English Language and Mathematics shall be compulsory for admission into all courses and
v. the University shall not accept transfer students until after at least the first two years of its existence.
Prospective students must, in addition to meeting the general admission requirements, also satisfy the school and departmental requirements.
During registration, candidates are strongly advised to use GSM numbers and a valid E-mail addresses that are easily accessible to them. This is important for fast and easy communication.
MODE OF PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION
On successful completion of the JAMB admissions process, eligible candidates can apply to the Claretian University of Nigeria by paying an application fee of N5,000 only for UTME or N10,000 for direct entry candidates. To apply, please follow the instructions below:
• Visit the University website: www.claretianuniversity.edu.ng and click on APPLY NOW. (This will take you to the application guide page). Please read the instructions on the above page carefully.
• Click on Undergraduate Programmes.
• Carefully fill the form providing all the required information and submit the form.
• The system generates an invoice for you to pay the application fee either online using
ATM or at any commercial bank branch.
• To pay online, click on either the yellow or green buttons below the page, enter your
ATM card details and pay.
• To pay at the bank, print the invoice page and proceed to any commercial bank of your choice and make an INTERSWTCH payment.
• Once payment is confirmed, your receipt is sent to your email address.
• Successful candidates will be contacted by the University.
• Please print and keep records of your payment as they will be required during the screening process.
For Admission Enquiries or Support:
Hotlines: 09016189060; 08185517699
You can also call or WhatsApp: 07036614567.
Please note that admissions into our Certificate or Diploma Programmes and Short Courses are available through the Centre for Distance Leaning and Continuing Education. For enquiries, please email CDLCEadmissions@claretianuniversity.edu.ng
John Ezenwankwor (Rev Fr)