In line with the laws establishing the University, the Claretian University Of Nigeria is committed to the following objectives:
• To offer students of widely varied ages, background interest and needs, a broad range of educational opportunities and experiences without distinction of race, creed, sex, religion or political conviction.
• To provide academic professional and vocational training of high quality in a way as to enrich and improve the state, national and international human resource capabilities and assist its graduates to contribute to the common good of the society.
• To foster academic research which contributes to human knowledge and vitality of the Institution.
• To encourage thoughtful and responsible staff and student participation in local, state, National and International affairs.
• To maintain the highest academic standards in respect of university degrees and other awards and preserve and protect their reputation and integrity.
• To evolve academic programmes to suit the changing social and economic needs of society through continuous review of curricula and development of new programmes to respond to societal and technological changes in Nigeria, the world in general and Imo State in particular.
• To advance human culture and improve human life through the development, refinement and dissemination of knowledge and to prepare competent graduates to meet the development needs of Imo State in particular and Nigeria in general.
• To prepare, when necessary, its students for the degree or certificates of other Institutions or Universities.